Not all California Leasing & Management rental home properties accept pets. It is up to the property owner to decide on what their pet policy is for their rental home. Before you schedule an appointment take the time to refer to the specific rental home that you are interested in to confirm if that particular property accepts pets and refer to the below pet policy.
All pets will cause the rent to be increased by $25 per month, per pet.
We use PetScreening.com to screen all pets that are going to be living in all of our properties. Click below on the big orange button to complete your pet appplication form!
The California Leasing & Management general pet policy is that the landlord and/or management company will not allow:
- Any “known” dangerous pets.
- Landlord reserves the right to deny the following animals unless special circumstances prevail
- Any dog or cat that shows signs or tendencies of having an aggressive personality, is deemed dangerous by insurance companies, or has a bad landlord referral
- Large birds including parrots and cockatoos
- Farm animals (including potbelly pigs)
California Leasing & Management requires that all tenants obtain renters insurance. Your pet must be listed on you renters policy.
As a general rule and as a part of our pet policy, insurance companies tend to resist covering certain types of dogs, or any mix of these breeds. Therefore, below is a list of dog breeds that we DO NOT currently accept, per company policy:
Upon your eventual move-out, the next resident of the property may not have a pet and/or may have a pet allergy. Therefore, upon vacating the property Tenant is responsible:
- To have the carpets and any tile professionally cleaned and chemically deodorized.
- For professional pest control for all possible animal borne pests including, but not necessarily limited to, fleas and ticks.
If you fail to provide receipts for the above services at the time of move-out we will perform them at your expense and the costs for said services will be deducted from you security deposit.