It is important to remember that selecting a paint color for a rental home adds to the value of your rental home, and it’s appeal to prospective tenants. A tenant is searching for a blank canvas that serves a place to call home for the duration of their lease and of course, that home should instill a sense of comfort.
When picking a paint color for your rental home whether you’re in our services areas in San Fernando or Santa Clarita Valleys or beyond, it is always important to remember the following:
1. Avoid bright colors that personalize a space – renters are looking for a blank canvas, and bright colors can distract from the wonderful potential of your home.
2. Stay neutral with your color choices – choosing neutral colors for each room allows you to show off the potential of each room, and it’s also a time-saver for future patching jobs!
3. Grab the right finish – when you’re picking the finish for your paint, make certain you avoid choosing a flat/matte paint and go with a semi-gloss finish that allows for easy cleaning.
4. Highlight your home’s assets – when painting the kitchen or bathroom, ensure that you’re choosing a color that accentuates the spaces, their fixtures, and cabinets colors.
5. Keep extra on hand at the rental home for quick patches, as well as the color palette choices to ensure you’re ready when heading out to grab more!
For paint, inspiration check out this recent Bob Vila share highlighting the most popular colors!