California Leasing Property Management shares a great recipe for Slow-Cooker Pot Roast that will be a hit with the entire family for meal prepping. Getting ready for family meals can be a challenge and we love this recipe from Taste of Home! Don’t forget to share your favorite recipes with us too!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon beef base
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, whisk water and beef base; add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Sprinkle roast with pepper; transfer to slow cooker. Drizzle with Worcestershire sauce. Cook roast, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast to a serving platter; tent with foil. Strain cooking juices, reserving vegetables. Skim fat from cooking juices. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and salt until smooth; gradually whisk in cooking juices. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cooked vegetables. Serve with roast.
5 ounces cooked meat with 1/2 cup gravy: 380 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.